Welcome to Outdoorsy Black Women! We’re so glad to have you and can’t wait to meet you. In the meantime, here’s a collection of information and tips to help you make the most of your experience in this community. However, the best way to learn about Outdoorsy Black Women is to dive in— add friends, join groups, participate in discussions, start new conversations on the timeline, and much more. 😀
What is Outdoorsy Black Women?
Simply put, Outdoorsy Black Women is a social network created by a Black Woman (Toyin Ajayi) for all Black Women. Whether you’re cis, a trans woman, or non-binary and feel comfortable being in spaces that center around experiences of Black Women, I wanted to help Black Women connect through their love and/or curiosity of all things outdoorsy.
Who is Outdoorsy Black Women For?
– You are 18 years old older.
– You are a woman, identify as such or non-binary.
– You are of Black/African Descent.
– You are not a convicted sex offender.
– We haven’t previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
– You are not prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
What are the “rules?”
We’re so glad you want to know! You can find all our policies linked directly below. These include information on trust, safety, and privacy— which we value highly. Please please take time to review our rules so this community can remain a safe and enjoyable space for everyone.
You must use your real name and identity on the service. Nicknames can be used as a username.
- We may require users to use the name they use in real life so other users know who they are connecting with. If we receive a complaint about a potential fake name, we may require users to provide identity verification.
- We prohibit any attempt to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- We prohibit the creation of duplicate or multiple accounts by one individual, whether representing themselves or another entity.
- We prohibit unauthorized categorization or promotion of accounts (e.g. adding blue check marks or fake moderator badges to profile photos)
- We prohibit “username squatting,” (e.g., intentional registration of “branded” usernames or acting with a bad faith intent, e.g., to sell the handle at an inflated price)
Posting Options & Privacy
There are 4 options for posting to the timeline/wall; Public, All Members, My Friends, Only Me.
*If you post something and it’s public, it can also be seen on the public timeline for people that aren’t logged in*
Group Types & Privacy
There are 3 types of groups; Public, Private and Hidden.
*If something is posted in a Public group, it is considered a Public post and can also be see on the public timeline for people that aren’t logged in.*
Frequently Asked Questions:
Under account settings you will find options for managing your account;
You can find this option under Account Settings > Group Invites.
First you would need to navigate to your profile. You can do this by clicking “My Account or “My Profile”. Once you get there, click edit profile.
Outdoorsy Black Women would like to keep a standard with the quality of groups in the network. In order to make sure all the groups are beneficial to members, a group creation process is in place.
To create your own group you Click Here. *All groups are subject to approval*
If a group does not meet the standards of the community or conflicts with any rules, terms and/or conditions of the community it will be deleted.