- This event has passed.
#OptOutside Gratitude Hike
November 27, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
We will be opting outside again this year with our friends at REI!
As our #30DayThankYou Gratitude Challenge comes to a close, we’re excited to come together as a community to reset and refocus with gratitude. We will be hiking one of our favorite trails at Arabia Mountain. This time, we will extend our hike and start out at the main parking lot at the Arabia Mountain Nature Center trailhead near the visitor center to allow for additional parking. We will walk along the boardwalk to the base of the mountain, and then make the beautiful trek up to the top! We’ll plan to spend some time reflecting and journaling at the top of the mountain, so be sure to dress appropriately!
Length: 3-miles total Elevation Gain: 180 ft. Route Type: Out and back
Parking: Parking fills up very quickly in this area – we will be starting at the larger parking lot, but please allow for plenty of time to find a spot. There are also overflow lots, which you can find here.
Restrooms: There are restrooms at the trailhead, but none at the summit.
COVID precautions: Please stay home if you are not feeling well. We encourage you to get tested prior to our hike to ensure everyone’s safety. Masks will not be required for the duration of the hike, but we ask that you bring one with you and social distance when possible.
What you will need for this hike:
- Comfortable and supportive hiking shoes/boots or sneakers
- Layers to keep yourself comfortable, we recommend moisture wicking clothing. Workout clothes work just fine
- A daypack/backpack to carry what you need for the day
- Your journal and a pen (or you can buy a journal onsite)
- A towel/blanket/yoga mat to sit on if you are uncomfortable sitting on the ground
- A reusable water bottle (we will have jugs of water for you to fill up at the trailhead)
- An open mind!